Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Long Hair Under The Hood

Ever seen a woman with her head under the hood? Don’t be amazed for it just shows how women of this age get through the quest to dominating over men. So if ever you think that automotive is a masculine thing, think again. Observe and get swept off by a woman’s heel.

As a college driver, I make it a point to be responsible for my own cars. The following are just some of the maintenance practices that I have learned so far with my roadster and crossover. If you are a female college driver like me, you can perhaps learn from these:

LUBRICATION

Moving parts settle from corner to corner underneath the sheets of a vehicle. And most of these suffer from extensive frictional heat. This is the reason why you need to regularly check and change the oil. There are other important fluids that include power steering fluid, which can let you control the steering wheel conveniently and not as if it is intended for the muscles in your triceps! The brake fluid and transmission fluid equally as important. Once you keep these fluids properly applied in particular auto systems, then you’re gonna save thousands of dollars. Trust me.

ELECTRICITY

As a young driver, the entertainment system is surely one of my priorities. This system will never run if not with the proper supply of electricity, which refers to the battery and fuses. Aside from the entertainment system, other auto systems will most importantly need electricity. Among the most essential ones are the auto lights and air conditioning systems. So never let the battery run out of charge especially when you are off for a long journey.

TIRES

Always bring an extra tire every time you drift off your garage! Who knows, the next time you are about to park your vehicle, one tire is rolling like a jelly. Also, make sure that every time you leave, have all the tires inflated properly. Never under or over-inflate them ok!

COOLING

The engine is one of the busiest auto components in your ride. Once it gets exhausted, you will be forced to bring your head under the hood. This is what I always ensure with my Lambo roadster. Just imagine how I am gonna deal with my elegant car that blows off black smoke underneath its brawny bodywork! Duh! To avoid this, make sure that the cooling system is regularly checked and maintained.

Age or gender is not a requirement for being accountable in driving and owning a car. So as a female college driver, I see to it that I can let my hair under the hood and get my hands ready for grease stains. Having my roadster and crossover is perhaps more than luxury. It is a responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment