Thursday, August 4, 2016

Before Busay Falls, It was Oraz Falls

Albay Travel Guide Busay Falls

 I had so much fun in college. I had the pleasure of joining clubs that introduced me to first aid, survival, and mountaineering. I was able to go to destinations that no one ever in my age had. The best thing about it is I was able to use it to introduce other people to these places. It seemed that I loved exploring attractions not only in Albay but others as well. One of these Albay attractions that is now better known as Busay Falls is the Oraz Falls, which is believed to have 7 stages. I only had the luck to venture to the nearest the town of Malinao, Oraz Falls.  

Albay Attractions Busay Falls

The first time we ventured to Oraz Falls, it was on my 18th birthday. My friends and I were so excited, but expected a long walk that turned out to be just less than a kilometer from the drop off point. It was really not far and at the time, I was thinking of how lucky the people of Malinao, Albay are for having such a wonderful water wonder so near them.
Albay Destinations Busay Falls

Still, on our way to Oraz Falls, there was a river to cross which luckily has a coconut tree placed over it so people can cross conveniently. That is by far the only thing that separates the falls from the barangay proper. Today, you will wonder how you can reach Oraz Falls aka Busay Falls without crossing a river. Above is the picture of that river and the make-shift bridge.
Albay Water Attractions Busay Falls


 At the time, we only had to ask permission from the Barangay Captain and we trekked further to where the falls is and enjoy to our hearts' content. Since we had food brought with us, as well as drinks, we didn't need to spend anything more. Those were the days when every Albay Natural attractions were for free.
Albay Travel Guide Busay Falls